I attended Illinois Institute of Technology for a Masters of Science in Mathematics Education graduating in July 2009 and Lesley University for a Masters of Arts in Technology in Education which was completed in 2004.
My educational interests include technology, cooperative learning, interactive notebooks, and organization that makes my job easier.
My hobbies include coaching, reading, scrapbooking, antiquing, refinishing old furniture, thrifting, blogging, crafting and playing with my 2 dogs.
I am always looking for ways to improve my teaching & classroom environment and I am happy to give back to the mathtwitterblogosphere through this blog!
Fall 2013 Schedule:
- Geometry: Sophomore-level mathematics taught using the Common Core State Standards to students in 8th grade. This will be my first year teaching Geometry after 13 years of teaching Algebra and Pre-Algebra.
- US History: I have been teaching History for 11 years and I love the discussions, debates and conversations that we have on a daily basis. I am always looking for ways to improve and expand my history lessons!
Currently Reading (or at least in the cue to be read soon!):
- Making Thinking Visible
- Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess
- Embedded Formative Assessment by Dylan Wiliam
- Measurement by Lockhart
- Five Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematics Discussions by Smith and Stein